Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Stranger to My Blog

It has been a loooong time since I have posted anything here! I suppose it's because I have been busy trying to build my business, but also because blogging can be a little tedious at times, and time-consuming! Taking photos, editing photos, writing posts, editing posts, etc., it all takes time that I could be spending on something else. But I am making a vow to myself to start blogging more; at least once a week is my goal.

A little update on what has been going on. In addition to being home with my 3yo, and trying to build a business, I am babysitting from my house a few days a week too. I am also trying to keep busy making the rounds at local craft fairs. I have been to two in the past couple of months, and both were mild successes.




I have also opened up a second Etsy shop. I wanted to keep the number of listings in my shop down, so I decided to separate my items for women from those for girls and teens. Women's items, including those shown below, can be found at Betty Bow Blue.

Button Bracelets-$18 (Available in various styles)

Poppy Earrings-$12 (Available in gold, white, purple, pink, green, and red).

Poppy Rings-$9 (Available in green, red, white, purple, light blue, and gold)

Fabric Pom Rings-$12 (Available in various colors and prints)

Vintage Rings made from re-purposed clip-on earrings- $15-$22.50


Items for girls and teens can be found in my new shop, Betty Bow Blue, too! Here you will find my popular padded headbands, and various hair accessories, including hair clips, headbands, and hair ties. Here is a selection of some items available (or available soon).

Headband Holders-$25

Bubble Puff Headbands-$9-$11

Felt Flower Headbands- $9 (Available in fuchsia, red, and purple)

Felt Flower Hair Clips-$4.50 (Available soon)

What does the future hold for Betty Bow Blue? Hopefully some more business! I have also been thinking of getting into the "wedding scene", as my sister says. I have already sold a bunch of poppy rings as bridesmaids' gifts this past fall, and I have another bridal order set for next year.

I am finally starting to figure out what works and what doesn't, what sells and what doesn't. I will definitely be continuing with the headband holders, but some items may only be available at craft shows, as they seem to sell better there than online. Either way, 2013 will probably see a few changes with Betty Bow Blue. You will have to stick around to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment