Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Headband Design

In my mad dash to build up a stock for my bomb of a craft fair this past weekend, I came up with this new design for a headband and whipped up four of them:



They are made using fabric, felt, ribbon, and embroidery thread. This design takes a little more time than my others because the fabric is hand-stitched together. It didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it to (do they ever?), but the headbands did receive some good "reviews" at the craft fair. Many women and girls commented on how cute they were, and how they haven't seen headbands like these before. Would you believe that one woman, after looking at these headbands, turned to the other one next to her and said, "These are so cute. I need to figure out how to make these myself. So and so would love this." Right in front of me. Seriously?!

Unfortunately, I had no sales with these items and I'm questioning whether I have them priced too high. I priced them at $12, mainly because they require different supplies than the others, and more time. What do you think? Is the pricing off?

4 comments:

  1. Stick to your price. Your extra time and supplies should be compensated, and you shouldn't judge by just one craft show, especially one that didn't go all that well for anyone, as I gather. It is good that you got some great feedback on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. You know what it is worth based on how much time/supplies you put into it. Stick to your gut. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete