Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Items Added

My first craft fair was yesterday, at Edwards-Knox Central School, and it was a huge flop! I had six sales in 6 hours. It was kind of relieving to find out from others vendors that their sales were awful too. A lot of traffic, just no one buying anything. Fortunately, that means I have many items on hand now. I have posted new items in each category, so be sure to check them out! And since there were so few of them, here are the items that I sold yesterday:

My first sale was one of these elastic headbands, (I had two available).
The cutest little girl, dressed in a Halloween cardigan, came right up to the table, grabbed the headband, and announced, "I want this one, Grandma", and proceeded to pull out her money. She was a girl who knew what she wanted! She wore the headband immediately. I sold the second one later in the day.

Another woman purchased a set of "Gloria" hair clips to send to her granddaughter in Maine:

A really nice older woman, who happened to be one of the vendors at the fair, fell in love with the pom necklaces and purchased the "Autumn Leaves" one.

As we were packing up to leave, my friend Beth, (who was selling the best-ever cupcakes at the fair) bought another pom necklace. She purchased the "Sophia" necklace, which was fitting because as soon as I had seen that fabric, I immediately thought of her. (Unfortunately I had already used her name for a different fabric).

I also sold a flower headband, using the "Autumn Leaves" fabric, but I do not have a photo of it to share.

All in all, the first craft fair was a good learning experience, but here's hoping that the next one goes a million times better!

1 comment: