Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Prices are Here!

I finally bit the bullet and decided on prices for all of my current items in stock. I really had no choice in the matter since I was preparing to send them with my mom for the craft fair, and had to label them with prices. This was difficult for me to do because I only have boys and I had no idea what items like these sell for, or what a reasonable price is. Luckily, I have many friends, family members, and acquaintances who have daughters and was able to ask them for ideas. What I ended up doing was taking the average of the suggested prices, looking at comparables on Etsy.com and figuring out my prices based on that. I have heard suggestions that perhaps my items are underpriced, but I did have to consider my location, sale venues, and target customers. If I were to list these items on a site such as Etsy, which has a worldwide customer base, then I would be more likely to price them higher to cover the fees that come along with it. As it is, based on discussions with several people, I think that these are reasonable prices.

Price ranges are pretty standard for each item, however, they will vary depending on how much fabric was used, time spent on a particular item, if any embellishments were used and how many items are included in a set. Here's a rundown of what to expect:

Pom necklaces: $16.00-$18.00
Pins: $3.00-$5.00
Headbands: $6.00-$10.00
Hair clips: $2.50-$4.50
Hair ties: $2.00-$4.50

I will be listing prices on individual items soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment